Children and Young People
Child Sexual Exploitation
View the leaflet produced by Barnardo’s on Child Sexual Exploitation. for young people
What is Safeguarding Children and Young People all about?
The UN Convention states that Children and Young People have rights, such as
- The right to life
- The right to be treated as equal citizens
- The right to live in a safe environment
- The right to be educated without fear
- The right to be protected from abuse and neglect
Tel. 08000 68 41 41 for support and practical advice to anyone concerned that a young person they know may be suicidal. Calls are free from BT landlines. Other networks and mobile rates may vary.
Bullying & Cyber Bullying
Are you being Bullied?
What can you do?
If you are being bullied and you don't know what to do, don't suffer in silence you can talk to bullybusters - 0800 1696928
Talking allows you to get things off your chest and we can give you helpful and practical tips.
REMEMBER it is not your fault, it is the person who is bullying you who has the problem, not you.
Some helpful tips:
- Remove yourself from the harmful situation as soon as you can
- Think of five people you can turn to if you are upset or concerned these could be; your Mum/ Dad or both , your carer, a mentor in school, Grandparents, Aunties, Uncles, Cousins, a Teacher or even your coach
- Practise your body language - Shoulders back, head up and a smile on your face
- Keep a diary and write in it the 4Ws, WHO, WHAT WHERE & WHEN, write it down and keep the evidence
- Never feel like you are to blame, it is the person who is bullying you who is at fault
- Get involved in out of school activities - this helps to boost your very important self esteem.